Uhd large video files shuttering

Hi i have the vero 4k connected with usb gig adapter wired with nighthawk router and qnap ts-251 nas. All my uhd moviess are on Public folder of the qnap. With nvidia shield i can steam everything smooth, with the vero i have periodically buffer issues. I follow the instruction and i mount the fstab from the instructions of there Configuring fstab based Samba share mounts. Here is my copy of the fstab <# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)
#/dev/vero-nand/root / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
//192.168.0.16/Public /mnt/Server_Public cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=…,password=…,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0. Before that i add the share from kodi with NFS.

Hi,

Can’t other much advise with out logs:

https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/

But I can suggest you try fstab nfs mounts rather than samba, as it should give better throughput.

Thanks Tom.

I’d advise trying that, too. Many of these problems like yours have been solved by that already. :slightly_smiling_face:

Might also be worth checking with iperf to make sure that GigE adapter is actually providing faster speeds than the internal one

can you point me step by step please how i do that?