[TESTING] Debian Stretch upgrade for OSMC

Got the update. All pass-through audio including TVheadend radio channel now working again. Brilliant! Thx a lot. :raised_hands::clap:

Issue with DTS-HD and Vero4K

Yes for me too Thanks!

@sam_nazarko i still have issues with noise and plopping.

If i disable keep audio alive and send low noise then everything is fine less plopping but no noise.

Started the update on my rpi2 b

Just a comment.
Maybe a warning message to tell the users that it’s not a normal update. Me it started downloading 44MB (samba and two packages) and when it rebooted started todo the big upgrade :slight_smile: and it looks like internet is shit tonight so it will take around 20 min to download.

There is, in the first post.

We will do this on the final announcement, but I’m not sure how many will read it unfortunately.

Sam

He he went faster than i thought up and running now.
No problem so far.

tested
tvheadend works
external dvd usb player works

Understood. Let’s continue things in the appropriate thread.

Sam

Is that a Jessie Leia system that you plan to upgrade? Results would be interesting as it failed for me.

Tested in RPI3 with noobs, works fine, great job.

thanks

Just a comment towards housekeeping after the update: ‘apt-get dist-upgrade’ suggest the following action after the update

Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  armv7-libcrossguid-osmc bluez libapt-inst1.5 libasn1-8-heimdal libbind9-90
  libdbus-1-dev libdns100 libdpkg-perl libgif4 libgnutls-deb0-28
  libhcrypto4-heimdal libhdb9-heimdal libhdhomerun1 libheimbase1-heimdal
  libhogweed2 libhx509-5-heimdal libicu52 libisc95 libisccc90 libisccfg90
  libkrb5-26-heimdal liblwres90 libmicrohttpd10 libmysqlclient18 libnettle4
  libntdb1 libplist2 libpng12-0 libpsl0 libroken18-heimdal libssl1.0.0
  libwebp5 libwebpdemux1 libwebpmux1 libwind0-heimdal libxtables10 pkg-config
  python-dbus-dev python-ntdb
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.

A normal user controlling his OSMC just with the GUI will not be aware of this legacy issue nor can she/he clean up the situation without command line access. This housekeeping should be done by the update automatically, shouldn’t it?

Normally this is done automatically when using update via MyOSMC after a successful upgrade

Well, it hasn’t worked in my case. I used exactly this update method after a new installation of 2017.10-1 yesterday in the morning MEST but did the stretch update after the announcement of this thread.

That’s why this is called TESTING

Don’t want to annoy you; testing means the testers should mention obvious malfunctions … what I’ve done with this.

Sorry, I mistook your post as a complaint, not a bug report.

No; this thread is about just having upgraded to Stretch… Next step will be Stretch with Leia. As 17.6 was the last release of Krypton I expect we’ll be getting some beta’s en RC’s in the next months.

Leia test builds are around for quite some time. The just need to be changed to stretch which is happening as we speak

I specifically said beta’s and RC’s. Currently I don’t think these builds are even considered Alpha. They are “nightlies” or development builds. I prefer some more stable releases or I will get in trouble with my bosses (wife and daughter)… :laughing:

Since upgrading the Pi, which shares its USB drive via nfs, nfs-kernel-server is not starting because it can’t find the share at /media/*. I assume this must be an ordering thing in systemd. Which units and/or udev rules are involved here?

It’s not actually appropriate for My OSMC to autoremove packages. It’s up to the user to do this.

Only old kernels are pruned.

Sam