Resolution change?

Same issue was a showstopper here today, ie “Logging in locally”. I never get a splash screen. Not on the TV, nor on my DELL monitor. Resolution out of range.

0 Likes

Have you tried the latest video improvements posted? This should resolve things for you

0 Likes

Do you mean these?

0 Likes

This one:

0 Likes

Yes. I applied that, but I prefer to break up " sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot" into three separate commands, just in case :slight_smile:

On bootup it now goes through 720/60 briefly and when I select “Exit” from the OSMC menu and Esc, I get a visible terrminal prompt.

ONly remaining fly in the ointment that I see right now is that the popup menu I get when I left-key on “PVR And live TV” is still partly off-screen.

0 Likes

Have you set your TV to ‘just scan’ or similar to avoid overscan?

Maybe @chillbo could have a look at bringing the left ‘popups’ further into the main screen.

0 Likes

No idea if that can be done, but I will have a peek at the manual.

0 Likes

What’s the brand? Some manufacturers call it 1:1

0 Likes

The skin is made for pixel-accurate use… So, overscan should be disabled. Otherwiese (if you can’t disable overscan) you can adjust the GUI scaling via Settings/System/Display/Video calibration…

0 Likes

Sony KDL-37V4240

0 Likes

0 Likes

There is no such setting on this TV. It is not a full HD, but an 1080i. You can adjust some stuff, but only when using the VGA input.

0 Likes

Don’t have
Settings / Screen settings / Display Area / All pixels

0 Likes

Nope

0 Likes

Is this still being worked on? I assume it’s not going to be included in the 18.1 release, I just wanted to let you know there are more than 2 who would like to see this included.

0 Likes

Sorry, what do want to see included?

0 Likes

the 1366x768p60 resolution, as my Sony TV doesn’t let me display all pixels via HDMI either

0 Likes

That will come when we move to a newer kernel

0 Likes

When new kernel is planned?

0 Likes

I think we’ll start introducing some testing in early to middle of March.

Sam

1 Like