Resolution change?

When it’s ready and tested. It’s a big update, and we are dealing with Stretch first.

0 Likes

OK. Thanks.

0 Likes

Any news?

0 Likes

Some testing was made available but the results weren’t ideal, so we left it for the moment

0 Likes

Any ETA? We have this scary black screen on every update :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I will revisit this

1 Like

Hi @sam_nazarko

During recent investigations into the colorspace issue, I tested the Vero 4K on an Asus monitor with a native 1440 x 900 @ 60 / 75hz (other tests were on a 1080p tv and a 1080p monitor)

I had assumed that, like the Raspberry Pi, any standard resolution would be supported, but discovered than only 720p and 1080p are available.

I noted in your reply to Anders last August (17th) that support had been added for ‘1440x900p60’. Perhaps something regressed in the past year.

Is this a limitation of the SoC? If not, can you point me to which fIle I need to edit to allow additional resolution options from Kodi/osmc?

Thanks,
RR

0 Likes

It’s not a SoC limitation at all. With a valid modeline any display can be driven at its native resolution.

I have a patch for this which I’m revisiting to add support for VESA modes.

Sam

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks as always for your outstanding support Sam.

0 Likes

Here was my original patch:

Needs a bit more work. But only two customers requested it in the last year, so I had to put it on the backburner.

Sam

1 Like

Yes. My observation exactly. I guess it all depends on what TV/Monitor you have. For us it is a minor gripe. Some UI items end up partly off-screen, like the pullout menu from PVR for example. Also there is no visible feedback during updates, which is sortof scary :slight_smile:

I am glad that Sam is working on it though.

1 Like

1920x1200p60 is still a request from my side to properly drive a Hannspree 28" LCD TV that has such resolution.
Thanks

1 Like

It’s not really an issue for me, as the primary displays I use the vero on are both 1080p. It was just an observation really.

0 Likes

@sam_nazarko

OK. I have been asking for this for a log time and today the day that I knew would come, came… No picture on TV. The Vero works with a computer monitor, but not TV. It worked today earlier, but not now. AFAIK has no updates been installed. What now? No TV during the weekend?

I have a good mind to scratch the unit and replace it with a Rpi3. At least do I know that it works and if there are problems, they can be fixed …

0 Likes

I’m more interested in resolving the problem.

Can you try another hdmi port on the TV?

Sam

0 Likes

Ah… It was th sacrificial chicken… Thanks for the suggestion, despite my snarkiness. I guess it was all those updates, waiting whilst the TV was showing “wrong signal frequency”, not knowing what was happening…

Tv has three HDMI-ports, tried number three, same thing, tried number 1 and it worked, moved back to three still working. Moved to port 2 where it was originally and it still worked.

Gee, I have been working with computers since the early 80s and they never cease to surprise me…

Would still like to see what is going on when booting. Guess I could always connect that 5" HDMI-screen and a switch :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Glad this is now resolved.
I am still working on adding support for more resolutions

Sam

0 Likes

If this happens again, is there anything I can do over SSH to troubleshoot?

0 Likes

It’s probably and EDID issue. Turn off TV and vero, count to 10, turn on TV, turn on vero normally fixes that.

0 Likes

Ah. Will try that next time

0 Likes