Powering a Vero 4K from USB of home cinema amp/TV - safe?

Two questions really.

Assuming a USB port that supports enough amps:

1. Is it possible to power the Vero from a USB port of a connected TV or home cinema amp?
  2. Is the Vero 4K/internal NAND/OSMC robust enough to be powered off “ungracefully” when the device providing the USB power is switched off i.e. without proper OS shutdown?

The reason I ask is that I’ve just moved to the Vero 4K from an Intel client device that had wake/standby - at wake, on my old device, I triggered a WOL packet to my tvheadend server to wake it up. The TV server is setup to not go back into standby itself when a known set of IP addresses, including that of my old device, are available on the network (checked very 15 minutes). So, with the above I had a nice “wake TV server when needed - don’t let it go to sleep until it isn’t being used” pattern.

The above worked well, but of course the Vero 4K doesn’t have a standby, so there’s no sensible single place to a) automatically trigger the WOL from the Vero 4K and b) the Vero 4K’s IP address is always available on the network, so the TV server wouldn’t know when to go to sleep.

Given the above: I was thinking that powering the Vero 4K from either the TV or my home cinema amp would solve that problem - just send a WOL to my tvheadend server at Vero 4K power on/boot, and everything would work as it did before with my old device. Thing is, I don’t want to knacker the internal NAND/corrupt the OSMC install with all the hard power-offs it will get.

Failing that, I’d be interested in any other ways folk achieve the above WOL pattern for a separate TV server.

PS: Probably a niche thing, the above, but it would be great if there were a “faux” standby on the Vero 4K that disabled networking, available after a set period of inactivity and when “standby” was triggered from the remote, coupled with the ability to trigger actions when it “resumed”.

Unlikely and most definitely not recommended but, highly advised against.

While it is quite robust, they question is not if, but when. Again, highly advised against.

OK - thanks for the reply, I guess I largely expected that to be the case, but it’s good to have confirmation.

I don’t use the screensaver (usually have it off) but I’m wondering whether hooking some scripting into that activating/de-activating is the way to go with this - will have a think about that… I guess that, in itself, could be a sort of “faux” standby i.e. deactivate network on activation, re-activate network and send WOL on de-activation. There is this, although I’ve never tried it