OSMC's June update is here - OSMC

Recently, we celebrated two years of stable OSMC. Today, we're happy to release OSMC's slightly belated June update. It comes with a variety of improvements and fixes. Debian Stretch (9.0) has now been released and we are preparing OSMC for this.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2017/07/osmcs-june-update-is-here-2/

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Failed to start udev and Load Kernel Modules

A post was split to a new topic: Error while updating

Awesome news!

In what way does “Improved Vero 4K system performance with optimised functions from Linaro’s Cortex Strings library” - improve on system performance?

Hi boys… i have update my setup on my Pi2 and i have obtain this:

Info sul kodi.log:
16:51:05.459 T:1958507440  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.3). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
16:51:05.459 T:1958507440  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
16:51:05.459 T:1958507440  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Jul  2 2017 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 3.16.39 (200743)

Info VERSION_ID:
VERSION_ID="2017.06-1"

I thinks this the current version installed whitout any problems by SSH from my pc but now i have tryed to see inside the “boot” folder and i see it’s still remain possibly some old files ??

For example in the boot folder it’s remain:

• a folder “dtb-4.9.29-5-osmc”
  • file “config-4.9.29-5-osmc”
  • file “System.map-4.9.29-5-osmc”
  • and the last file “vmlinuz-4.9.29-5-osmc”

whit this files it’s also present the version 4.9.29-8 and this is it the current latest files… i have tryed to reboot my pi2 and try to see again the result of update commands but i not obtain nothings to remove also when i execute the “autoremove” commands i obtain nothings to remove.

It’s normal there’s present this “doubled” files ??

The functions give us improved memcpy(), memmove(), memset(), memcmp(), str(n)cmp(), str(n)len() routines with optimised assembly for the ARM Cortex-A53.

If you update with the OSMC Updater in My OSMC, then kernels are removed automatically. We have added support for marking kernels as autoremovable when updating via the command line now; but we always leave at least one previous kernel just in case there is a problem.

Yes… the autoremovable it’s good idea… i have read about this feature upper on changelog :slight_smile:

Thanks for explain about the .5 files remain… :slight_smile: