OSMC's January update is here - OSMC

OSMC's January update is ready with a wide range of improvements and fixes to keep your OSMC device running in tip-top shape. Here's what's new:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2018/02/osmcs-january-update-is-here-3/

Hi Sam,

thanks a lot for all these fixes and improvements! After flashing my parents Vero 4K I’m a bit disappointed that also the new kernel doesn’t include the MM8847x modules for the DVB-T2 stick. Any realistic estimation, when these will be available?

BR
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

We are currently testing improved DVB-T2 support for the Vero 4K which will add support for more tuners.

I’ll send you a test build via PM shortly if you’re happy to offer some feedback.

Sam

Thanks a lot & much appreciated.

/Andreas

Just installed the update, in my 1080 environment UHD 24p now plays at 1080/60, cannot get 24p to work on UHD content. On the December build 24p was fine. 1080/24 blu rays are fine.

Please start a forum post with debug logs. The general release thread is not intended for troubleshooting issues

Also meant to add, where are the new options for configuring custom display modes? Can’t find it anywhere.

so noted.

This has to be done via the CLI. It’s considered an advanced option and shouldn’t be necessary for anyone but a very few number of users

Hi @sam_nazarko
With january update the Bluetooth problem (ASLA BLUETOOTH) was solved?

Thanks
Bye

So does this update go to v18 or were those just underlying OS level changes to ready it for the near future release of Kodi v18?

Please read the OP. v18 is only addressed in regard to test builds. It’s very clear.

If you’re referring to A2DP Bluetooth streaming; it remains the same. This was always an experimental feature and it will be some time before significant developments are made.

My absolute favorite among the new features:

Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Allow resolution switch … great!

Well, unfortunately all these new feature flags in the menus are in English, only … at least in the moment.

Thx to all developers, especially @sam_nazarko , :+1:

Hi Sam,
Very happy try the test build for the DVB-T2 support if you let me have info as well.
Many thanks for the latest updates. All seem to be working well on my Vero4K.

Richard

Does this option also give working support for switching to 480p60 and 576p50 (NTSC and PAL DVD resolution)?

Oh, did not noticed this since I extreme rarely view standard definition stuff, only … but you are right, standard defintion will be still upscaled to 720p (HD).

Allow to downgrade resolution

Thanks for the reply! The thread about this is here: Allow to downgrade resolution

Hi @bengio, @sam_nazarko
sorry, was out of last news…
Does it mean if I use streaming in direction OSMC => USB Bluetooth dongle => Bluetooth speaker, I should not go for update otherwise miss this functionality?
I’m still on 2017.10-1…
thanks!

Yes