[HowTo] Spotify-Connect support via Raspotify (LibreSpot)

recently raspotify was not working for me so i tried to reinstall it. and i get:

dpkg error
" package architecture (armhf) does not match system (amd64)
"

i’m pretty sure i didn’t change architecture

“root@debian:/home/duuri# uname -a
Linux debian 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3+deb9u4 (2018-08-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux”

Looks like PC with Debian installed, not OSMC machine.

omg my bad. i didn’t notice i got disconnected from my vpn :frowning:

Just discovered this project after reinstalling my OSMC, I want to use it to play music on spotify instead of my Echo Dot. Everything goes great, It plays songs but via the 3,5mm jack and not HDMI. Used the ```

aplay -l command:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/7
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Chose the --device hw:0,1 but still nothing. The music stored in the external drive plays via HDMI.

I stopped using Vero4K with Spotify. It is simply not stable, sometimes need to reboot the device to see it appear in Spotify on my phone. It is also extremely annoying you cannot stop the playback in OSMC to watch something. It’s been over a year and there is no priority to add Spotify Connect to OSMC officially, even after lots of requests.

I can no longer recommend this method of manually installing it, only for experimental purposes since it is not well integrated and does not give you the simple install once and use forever experience.

I am switching soon to using the Vero4K purely Al’s a playback device for video and absolutely nothing else, even though it has plenty of resources to do more… Not sure if the future will bring more, but the waiting is over for me.

All that an official integration would feature is what’s available here, but via a one click installation.

If it is not stable, then we need to improve that first before including it.

What are some of the problems you have experienced and do you have any previous posts about this so I can look in to it?

Sam

It works fine here. I use Spotify on my Vero4k at least 2-3 hours every day for the last 6 months or so. I very rarely have any trouble connecting. Certainly no more than on my Cambridge StreamMagic which is an ‘official’ Spotify device. I usually have the Apple Aerial screensaver running on OSMC at the same time to have some visuals with my music …

This works as a charm on my Raspberry Pi 3 + Hifiberry DAC+ setup. I only had to

• select the DAC+: OPTIONS="--device hw:0", and for some reason
  • explicitly choose backend:BACKEND_ARGS="--backend alsa"

I used to use AirPlay for audio which worked excellent but killed the iOS device battery. The only caveat is of course that the service still isn’t playing nice with Kodi/OSMC.

Has anyone tried to solve this?