Crystal HD support in Krypton?

Indeed.

0 Likes

Is it possible to downgrade to Jarvis over ssh without flash drive?

0 Likes

I just updated OSMC to the latest version. Mostly it has been very pleasant until I played a 1080 movie when the motion was jerky. I guess that is what this thread is about.

I understand the sentiment to move on to fresh hardware but I am one of them CRT folk with a SCART S-Video input and I cannot find a Kodi box with that output.
I tried a modern 4 Core Android TV box going through an HMDI to S-Video/CVBS converter but the results are disappointing. Video motion is jerky even though navigation is rapid. Colour rendition has a bad hue and detail is lost.

The ATV1 box produces better results having been configured to output S-Video even though it navigates slowly.

Perhaps I need to go back to the last release until Krypton is ready.

Cheers for the great work Sam

0 Likes

You will have to do that! There will be no more updates, so Crystal HD support for Krypton will not come.

0 Likes

Oh, I see. Thanks for telling me.
From the thread, I assume the January build was the last one?
OSMC_TGT_appletv_20170129-HDD.img
I made a USB patch stick but it is not installing automatically.

Do you know if I have to use a different procedure to downgrade?

0 Likes

Yes

You would need to use the normal installation procedure. This will not be a downgrade but a clean reinstall of the January Image

0 Likes

I tried making a USB patch stick for a fresh install but it is not working.

So I assume I have to install via terminal. I am just trying to figure out the text.

I tried this:
sudo apt-get install OSMC_TGT_appletv_20170129-HDD.img
but it is wrong.

Any clues for the correct name of the file on the server?

0 Likes

As mentioned this is the wrong approach! This is not a patch or down/upgrade. Just follow the “normal” installation procedure using the installer on your PC/MAC to create a installation medium which you than need to boot from.

0 Likes

I do understand what you are saying. I have been trying to do a clean install of the January version using the “normal” procedure but it is still stuck on Krypton 17.4.

First using a Mac then a PC to make a USB “patchstick” or installer stick.

When I upgrading to Krypton I had problems with the install. Sad Face. I managed to fix it by following this thread: Problems when updating your ATV1 ? - READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!

Using terminal it sorted the HDD write permissions and upgraded to Krypton.

Another thread for downgrading for 17 to 16 on a RasPi Downgrade from Krypton Beta
uses this command:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rbp2-mediacenter-osmc=16.1.0-3

If I can substitute “rbp2-mediacenter-osmc=16.1.0-3” for the correct ATV version then I think it will work from terminal.

0 Likes

Sorry for stupid question but where I can download the latest OSMC image with kodi 16.x?

0 Likes

On https://osmc.tv/download or using the OSMC installer.

0 Likes

I see, but all 2017 releases, where I can find information what kodi on what releases?

0 Likes

2017.01-1 or earlier is Jarvis

0 Likes

Thanks. Work like a charm!

0 Likes

New to OSMC, and before purchasing new media center hardware want to test drive a bit. Have a barely used circa 2010 ATV1 and purchased a CrystalHD card before reading enough to realize they are only supported until v16 of Kodi.

Downloaded and installed OSMC_TGT_appletv_20170129-HDD.img, then did an update using the GUI which failed, leaving the system in an unstable state, complete with a sad face.

Have now reinstalled. Should I disable updates? Not sure I like the idea of an out-of-date Debian install, therefore want to ask if there is a way to update the base OS without either going to v17 Kodi or encountering a glitch in the repository dependency matrix.

Suggestions?

0 Likes

No updates from OSMC anymore and as there is e.g. a relation between Kodi and libraries coming from Debian I would say you will not be able to stay up to date with it.

https://osmc.tv/2017/09/saying-goodbye-to-apple-tv/

0 Likes

Understand. Will look into apt-pinning, or whatever that method is for freezing some packages but allowing others to be updated…

0 Likes

Yes.

0 Likes

Yeah, done already as a precaution. Thanks.

0 Likes